Laser Cannons and Shield Generators on a drone of a Leonov does not double the strength on the Lower Maps, but rockets deal double damage.
The Leonov is an elite small and sleek Starjet ship. It is an excellent ship for new players due to the substantial bonuses it receives in the Lower Maps. It has a medium amount of Laser Cannons, Generators, and extra slots compared to other elite and non-elite ships.
The Leonov, though small in stature, packs a mighty punch (double laser damage, double shield, 160,000 HP, and 380 speed) on the Lower Maps, granting this ship a home advantage.
- The Leonov is most powerful while in it's home Lower Maps
- It's the cheapest Uridium bought ship (15,000 Uridium)
- A great starting ship for new players
- No bonuses at all in the Upper Maps (you are even better off using a Nostromo).
- Drones level up at an increased speed on this ship but they level up much faster on a Phoenix ship.
- It is thought to be named after Alexey Leonov, the first human to take a spacewalk.
- Even with no equipment, this ship is amazing at allowing you to chase aliens and escape enemies.
- It is recommended to gain the speed generators fast when a new player so you can move around the map faster.
- A blue outer glow on a Leonov ship shows the home advantage, which increases the number of hit points and cargo that the ship can carry while in the Lower Maps.
- Once this ship travels anywhere beyond the X-1 to X-4 maps, it becomes a weaker ship with overall low ship status, comparable to a Piranha ship.
- Destroying the Leonov gives very small rewards (in terms of honour and experience) to the destroyer.