Starting the gameEdit
- Getting started with DarkOrbit, you begin with a repair bot named REP-S that repairs your selected ship's health. As you start to earn Credits, try purchasing the REP-4 repair bot; You can also find it cheap in the Auction most of the time.
- Try to get as many Drones as you can while starting so you can get an early advantage on firepower and defensive systems.
- Begin upgrading your Skylab's components to at least level 1. Prometium, Endurium, and Terbium are converted to Prometid and Duranium, which are then converted to Promerium. The price of 1 Promerium rock is 500 Credits.
- On your X-1 map, if you happen to see a red dot with a yellow box around it on your minimap, it is an enemy player which has come to your home starting map. X-1 has a player protection, meaning enemies cannot fire upon you unless you fire upon them first. You can do your normal activities such as killing Streuner and collecting Bonus Boxes.
- Keep in mind most enemies come to the X1 map to find ultra-elite fights not to shoot new players, that mostly happens on the X3 and X4 map.
- Around the outskirts of the space maps, there is a Radiation Zone which destroys ships that stay in that zone for too long, increasing the damage dealt the further out you go which is probably obvious because of the health removal and big red numbers along with the huge warning sign that will show (if still enabled in settings).
- You earn more Credits for killing Streuner aliens than you do collecting Ore.
- You can send Promerium from your skylab to your ship in big amounts to sell them the next day, most do this overnight. It is a good way to earn credits if you have a hard time gaining them but you need to upgrade your skylab first.
- Log in daily to reach the Bonus 5 from Daily Login Bonus.
- While hunting aliens, make sure to check the minimap for unusual red dot activity. Keep in mind that if you see a swarm of red dots following another red dot, you should run to the nearest portal if it appears to be moving really fast usually an invader (You can stay and fight if you think you are capable). In addition, if you are swarmed by aliens and you got jumped by an enemy player in the process of shooting aliens, you could use EMP-01 and cloak (which is quite expensive, if you have premium and not much Uridium it is probably not worth it) yourself if you think you can get away but is not very effective against experienced ultra-elite players.
For Player Configurations & ShipsEdit
The recommended ship for starting the game is the Leonov because of its swift speed, doubled health and rocket damage and very hard to lock onto the ship for the majority of enemy players. On most servers, you can get this ship for very cheap on the auction. The Nostromo, BigBoy is also good ships but are slow and do not give the destroying aliens potential that the Leonov does. The Vengeance gives very similar benefits to the Leonov but has more slots to fill.
Configuration 1: Edit
Best fighting configuration for Goliath is:
For destroying aliens with any ship:
- 15 Lasers in ship and full lasers in drones
- 15 SG3N-B02 in ship
Buy the SG3N-B02 shield generator (costs 10,000 Uridium each). You can also bid on the generator but the price varies from server to server. It is advised to bid later in the day or at night (server time) to have a better chance of winning and obtaining the generator (5,000,000-10,000,000 credits should do). If you are looking for a cheap replacement, you can buy the SG3N-B01 or the SG3N-A03 with only credits but both shield power and absorption is lower than the SG3N-B02.
Configuration 2: Edit
- Full lasers
- Full speed generators on the ship
- Full SG3N-B02 on drones
This is considered the "running" configuration. You have very high shields and speed but low damage output, making it ideal for when you are getting low health or losing your shields on your previous configuration. It is a very bad configuration for fighting other players generally but is good for new players to use when they can only fight aliens.
Try to avoid fighting with an enemy or allied players when you are new because you are wasting time and ammo that could be spent developing your ship into an actual threat. If you do find enemy players that you think you can destroy, change your laser into the strongest one you have and fire away.
If you are the kind of player who likes to attack other players in the game it is recommended that you get premium.